Thursday, January 22, 2009

not going to miss this...

So this morning as I was cleaning up my house, I found myself thinking of the Top Ten things I'm not going to miss about this house:
(well, i could only really think of five...)



5. Having Aspen's bedroom right over the garage, so no matter how long she's been sound asleep, she wakes up screaming "daddy's home" every time the garage goes up when clark get's home at night.... starting the whole bedtime routine all over!




4. Having to share this one small bathtub with Aspen... for one thing it's wayyy too small to even lay back in and i always have to clean up all these bath toys if i want to enjoy a relaxing bubble bath.


3. Stairs, stairs, stairs.... there are stairs all over this house, you can hardly go into the next room without having to go up or down stairs... (and heaven forbid i get more exercise than i need)




2. oh look, more stairs... leading to the laundry room in the basement... what a pain! Having to haul overflowing laundry baskets up and down all these stairs, esp when the bedrooms are all the way at the top. Especially annoying these past few months when i've been either LARGE with child or unable to lift heavy objects after surgery.



and finally... the best of the best... I won't miss this:


1. This is a close up view of the really super nice vertical blinds I have in my master bathroom. The bathroom itself could be the entire top ten list of what i'm not going to miss, but this is the highlight. We've never bothered to replace these blinds, but i think about it every time I sit on the potty and this is the view out the window... seriously, as aspen would say, "that's ascusting!"


okay, now I'm just hoping our buyers don't know about this blog or they might take back the offer... uh, oh.



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Traci said...

your so funny~ When are you moving? What is your new house like?

gramakas said...

Remember how excited you were when you got to buy your FIRST NEW HOME...now, don't go smack talking! It was a dream come true not too long ago. That said; I hear you!

The Burnett Family said...

We totally get the stair thing. We wanted to put a laundry shoot in, but like your blinds, it never happened. We will sure miss you, you've been wonderful friends. Stay in touch K?

Clark Captions said...

Katie!!! It sounds like you are moving!!! Did you sell your house??? Buy a new one??? Fill me in on all of the details! We have SOOOOO missed running with the past 9 months, but know that we will have to have reunion runs every so often....Good luck with everything, and please know that I am here to help, babysit, etc, so give me a call. Take Care! Stacey

Kathee said...

I had a house with all the stairs. I can say this - my hiney was much firmer at that house and I had great stair stamina. So, I guess there is a little payoff. I remember when you bought that house!!