Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One month already


Man, i just keep thinking how much slower a month goes by when you are pregnant. I swear i blinked and this month went by... crazy. i'm sitting at home today watching the presidential inaguration and thinking about what we've done this past month that has made it fly by... here's all i can come up with:

Christmas with the Hymas fam at our home
NewYears Eve date night with my two boys, Clark and Bryson, out to eat at Tepanyaki...mmm
Lots of late night/early morning feeding with mr. b
foggy haze of days and nights
clark back to school... bummer, only one year to go!
clark and aspen sledding.. having to go to multiple walmart's to find a sled... so lame
enjoying time off work
missing all my friends at work
trying on my clothes to see if anything fits yet... not quite
enjoing having my sister stay with me for a few days, what a treat!

So while this month has gone by in a blink, it has been so wonderful. I am so grateful to have this time with our sweet little guy. On one hand it's sad to see bryson grow and know he's never going to be this little again, on the other hand he is just getting cuter and more fun.

So the other little thing we've been up to this month has been selling our house... just a little thing. I never blogged about this before because i wasn't quite sure how it was all going to play out, but now it's all pretty official. Last September, Clark started a new job and it's about 50 miles away, so he's been making quite the commute every day. His new company has offered us a reloaction package to move closer. So we actually had our house up for sale last October and November. While we had a lot of people come and see the house we didn't have any takers. In order to maintain my mental and emotional stability through having a baby, i kindly demanded that we take the house off the market until after the baby comes. ( I have a little PTSD from moving and having a baby when we had aspen). So now a couple of weeks ago we put the house back up on the market ( with a significant re-pricing), and after the first people walked through we received an offer! We are officially under contract and in the process of putting in an offer on a house that we've found much closer to clark's work.

i guess 2009 is a year of change and new things afterall.. new president, new baby, new job, new house....
it's an adventure!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, I bet you are relieved that the house sold so quickly. That is wonderful, but now we are sad you are that much further away! I can't believe a month has gone by too... Seems like yesterday you were in the hospital. I kind of hope this pregnancy goes by really slow for me! I am not sure I am ready for middle of the night feedings again... YIKES!

Jen said...

I'd say you guys have just a few changes in your lives recently! I'm glad you were able to sell your house so quickly, what a relief. I think I will take late night feedings over the discomfort of sleeping. Like I really know though, ask me in a few months!

Brooke Bowen said...

that's so exciting that your house sold! I'm sure you've already found some good choices on homes to buy. Good-luck with it all and let me know!!!

Scott and Kristen Baker said...

Yes, congrats!Let us know if you'd like help packing or moving!