Wednesday, December 17, 2008

welcome baby...

Blog world meet Bryson, Bryson meet blogworld!

Bryson Clark Hymas, born 12/17/08, 0812am
8lbs 2oz, 20.5 inches

Seriously proud big sis!

And a little close up... sorry to be graphic... it's a c-section so you're not seeing anything too personal if you know what I mean...

So. We woke up and came to the hospital this am at 6:00, by 7:45 we were in the OR getting a spinal block and being prepped for surgery. By 8:12 we had a baby boy! He' s BIG and healthy and that's all we could ask for. While they were in there, they found I had a cyst on one of my ovaries, so they just fixed that up... convienent. It's been a beautiful and special day. Very relaxed and peaceful. A far cry from the day Aspen was born. We've had great nurses and so far everything so good! Clark did great in the OR and didn't pass out or anything. I was surprised when they told us we could have a camera in the OR. No video allowed, but still camera okay. So we were able to capture some pretty amazing moments of this little guy entering the world and decided only to share just the one. :)

So that's that! 9 months and baby's here... whew! I kept saying to Clark when we got here this morning... "I'm so glad we're here, I'm so glad we're finally here, I'm so happy to be here". I'm looking forward to a few nights of having 24 hour/day help with the baby and letting him sleep in the nursery so mom can get some sleep herself before reality sets in.

A huge thanks to grandpa and grandma k. for helping out with Aspen. And thanks to everyone for all your love and support!

(If any of this post doesn't make sense, just remember I'm medicated :)
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, baby Bryson, welcome to the world, little one!!! I'm so glad his arrival was beautiful and peaceful and perfect. You guys make a beautiful family of four. Congratulations!

emily waters said...

oh he is soo cute. congratulations!!

matt and brynnzie said...

He is a cute one!! Congrats guys, I bet Aspen is going to be VERY helpful. We are glad things went well and will try to come see him after the holidays and things die down!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Bryson! We are so thrilled that everything went well. Sounds like the C section went smoothly as well. How great is that! To not have to push for 36 hours and then have a C section! You will have to tell me how the recovery is for the second baby... Get some rest while you can and let all those nurses do EVERYTHING!

Liz said...

Congratulations! So glad everything went well. Enjoy the nurses while you can. Love the name!

Alexander Family said...

Congrats guys! We can't wait to see him soon enough. What a great way to enjoy the holiday season with such a handsome little new edition.

Danielle said...

Congratulations! I love his name and his middle name. I miss that name =) Good luck with everything!

Brooke Bowen said...

YAY! COngrats! He looks so sweet and Aspen looks so proud of her baby brother! I can't wait to meet him! I hope you're feeling well too. Talk to you soon!

Scott and Kristen Baker said...

Congratulations mom, dad, and big sis, Aspen! Can't wait to see him!

Kathee said...

Congrats!! He is beautiful! He is still smaller then any of my babies! The whole planned C-section is so much easier then the emergant one. Good luck with two - what a cute little family!

SeƱora Daiana said...

He is sooo cute.. Congrats you guys. I'm so happy everything went so good for you. Please let us know if we can do anything for you guys. I would love to bring you dinner if thats okay? Please call me and let me know what day would work out best for you guys. Congrats again.

Jen said...

Congrats!! He is such a cutie! I am so happy for you guys. I'm so glad all went well.

{owens} said...

simply put, adorable. hope you're feeling better!

Linda said...

I am so glad it's over and everything went well. Such a little cutie. Hope you are getting some rest! Miss you already.

Afton said...

Congratulations Katie! I think your baby looks just like you. I'm so glad everything went well and I heard that you're home now. I hope you have a swift recovery.

bianca said...

Yeah you had the baby! We are so excited for you guys. We so wish we were still there to meet the little guy. So second c-section so much better than the first, right? That is how we felt too. Anyways, I will try to call when things settle down a bit for you guys. Have a Merry Christmas and we will chat later. (Amy & Matt)

AMA and PAPA said...

So happy for you - Merry Christmas! December babies are special - just ask three of my kids.
Maurine