So I just have to share with you my "nursery". Okay, or as this baby can use as evidence in his counseling that he's already not as spoiled as his big sister. When we had Aspen we had the whole room painted pink with the expensive crib and designer bedding... the works. This go around you can see baby boy will be sporting the pack-n-play since big sis still has the crib converted into a toddler bed. And as you can tell from the second photo he actually only gets 1/2 a room, the other 1/2 is our office. So in case he needs to check his email in the middle of the night, it will be so convienent. you can't see the quilt on the wall very well, but it's actually a quilt top I made probably 5 years ago. I couldn't finish it because you have to fill in the baby's name and birthdate, and time of birth and all that, then put it together. It wasn't girly enough for aspen so I just kept it stashed away. I do think i'll finish it (i'm sure in all my spare time). I'll post pics of it when it actually gets finished. So the wall decor consists of a partially finished quilt top on one wall and some super fancy scrapbook paper foam core wall art on the other wall... pretty fancy i know. i've been watching too much design on a dime. Actually, i'm pretty happy with how this kind-of nursery has come together. We're planning on getting Aspen a big girl bed for her bday in March, so baby boy can actually have a real crib in a few months. And who knows, maybe we'll be living somewhere where he doesn't have to share his room with the home computer either. It has been nice to not have to buy much stuff this go around. i think the only 2 baby things I've bought have been a little bouncer (you can see it next to the swing in the 2nd pic), and that's only because big sis broke the last one... and the other thing I've bought was a snuggle-me cozy thing for the car seat. I figure where he's being born in the middle of winter it will be perfect. Not that it's even cold yet... but it probably will be.
Also, i just have to share the cutest gift ever! Thanks Cheryl for the cute hats... one for Clark and a matching one for baby boy! i can hardly wait to take another picture of them both actually wearing the hats. So fun!
Aahhh... just thinking, in officially LESS than a week, my heartburn could be done and over with. Granted, it will be replaced by other annoyances but at least it will be gone!
Sorry, this post just keeps going on and on, but i have a few more thoughts. A friend of mine sent me a comment on facebook, she asked if I was enjoying my last few days being pregnant. i've really had to stop and think about it... I think I haven't. I've been so consumed with complaining about being uncomfortable, having a sore back, having heartburn, not sleeping well, not being able to get comfortable in bed, constant contractions... my list goes on and on. So i've tried to make a conscous effort to think what I'm going to miss. It is pretty amazing to feel a little baby rolling around inside your belly. I will miss not feeling guilty about eating the mrs. fields ice cream cookie sandwiches that i've discovered at work. I miss being completly confident with my body... being pregnant is the only time I've ever not felt insecure about the way i look. I love dressing up the belly, I really do like wearing maternity clothes... especially strechy pants! I guess it's so easy to get caught up in all the "miserables" about pregnancy and forget how much you wanted this in the first place and how many women out there would trade anything to have all the miserables if it meant they could have a baby. I have a little book about being a new mom, it's got tips and tricks from experienced mothers. Someone gave it to me after I had aspen and it says...
"Above all, enjoy your baby, even during those sleepless nights when you just can't stop his crying or get him to sleep no matter what you do. At those times, thank the Lord that you can hear his cries, because there are so many women who have lost a baby and would give anything to hold their baby close and hear him cry. Or women who long for a baby of their own to rock in the quiet moonlight, to sing a sweet lullaby, but never get that opportunity.... babies are a gift from God. cherish that gift".
So thanks christine, for helping me realize how much i really do need to enjoy these last few days of being pregnant... it's such a miracle.

4 comments:
Thanks for this post. We're in the middle of the can't-calm-her-crying-no-matter-what-we-do phase. It was a good reminder to be happy that we have her, no matter what she does at 1 a.m.
Good luck this last week!
Thanks for making me cry! Babies are SO special. We can't wait for our first and currently only little nephew to arrive! We love you guys.
Katie,
I'm so glad you had a chance to focus on the wonderful things about being pregnant. =) I'm so happy for you! I can't believe you're having this baby in five days. Enjoy the last five days of cute maternity clothes and feeling life grow inside of you.
I can't believe the count down is officially drawing to a close! I love the experienced mother thought, and feel that our little babies are gifts from God too! The time goes by so fast! Treasure every minute! Good luck Katie! We love you guys!
Post a Comment