Wednesday, December 24, 2008

one week old!

Wow, has it been a week already? I'm stuck in that fuzzy haze of days running into each other and 24 hour/day-night feeds revolving around my sore you-know-whats. Sigh. But there's NOTHING like a sweet newborn around... for every ache and complaint i may have right now, there are ten wonderful sweet things about this little guy to make it all worth it. I know that in a few weeks i'll be feeling all better and back to my old self.... but by then he'll be a few weeks old too and you can never get these first few days back again. So I'm trying to enjoy every minute as much as I can. so here's a few shots from this first week....



baby toes... enough said.




This was after his first bath... I would post more pics of this event but the rest include me and I was looking like he*@! if you know what i mean... scary mama. but he's pretty cute. He was pretty stressed out by all of it and turns out he's a MAJOR thumb sucker. I was trying to capture the thumb sucking on camera but he was too wiggly... this is as close as I could get. I'm thinking he's been a thumb sucker in the womb for a few months now... every chance he gets his fingers or thumbs go in his mouth. it's still pretty cute at this point.


Here's sweet Grandma H. whose been camped out at our house all week helping out. it's been so great to have her around, especially since we don't get to see her very often. Thanks for all the help... I haven't had to clean my kitchen, or do my own laundry all week... could i ask for more? Aspen and Bryson think she's pretty great too!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Traci said...

so so precious...I am glad that you have someone there to help you, he is so beautiful, and seeing those pics, makes me just want to squish him~

Clark Captions said...

Oh Katie! These pictures are so darling! What a little sweetie! I am glad you are getting such great help! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!