Saturday, October 11, 2008

scrapbooking energy surge

So it seems to me that since i've been pregnant this baby has pretty much sucked the life right out of me, my energy, my focus, my creative flow... i don't think i've really scrapbooked or created anything since spring, and anything I have done i look at just think, eh... not so great. Well, I'm happy to report that I've had a slight breakthrough.... I'll share:


Today while Clark and Aspen were both napping, I escaped... to the scrapbooking store! A feat that is nearly impossible with afore-mentioned two year old in tote. I went with a mission, to pick out papers for this album that I signed up to make. It's a baby's first year album through big picture scrapbooking. The class only cost $10 which is a good deal (esp. considering how much I just spent on all the papers for it today). I've known about the album for a while on BPS but sort of forgot about it because I wasn't really in the mode of needing to scrapbook a baby. Well, I realize that I probably won't get much scrapbooking time in after the baby gets here but I figure that i could at least get my self set up to hopefully make it happen. The more prepared I am, the more likely it is to happen! And this way i have a plan to follow throughout the year to document all the "firsts" of our little guy.


When I went to creative escape preview day clear back in June, these two layouts were part of one of the class projects. Again, I pretty much forgot about them because we had to pack them up in a box until CE which wasn't until Sept. It was fun to get them out again, but they sort of got lost in the shuffle of the re-vamping the house (if you remember the relocating the scrapbook room fiasco). So the other night, I came across these layouts and wanted to add some photos to them. I'm actually really happy with how they turned out! i'm sort of in the mode of documenting our little life as it is right now because we are sort of sitting on the edge of some pretty major changes, and life as we currently know it with all our routines and comforts are about to change. i feel like there is a big clock hanging over our heads that is constantly counting down... you know like for new years, or the st. george marathon... or a rocket launch. So i'm wanting to really embrace and cherish the way things are right NOW! (if this is confusing you, it's okay... there will a future post that will explain it all, just not sure when).



This is the second layout that i made at CE. i was happy to come across this pic of me and Clark. It seems like I have 5 years of photos of the two of us together and hardly any from the past 2 years since Aspen crashed our scene. This was a photo taken on my birthday back in July. I journaled a little just about how crazy it is to stop and think how much we've been through and have done together and accomplished since the first day we met in college that has now been ELEVEN years ago. It's mind boggling.

We are planning to take some fall family photos if the weather will ever pull itself together. There are two more layouts that i made along with these and they would be perfect for some new family photos and documenting our life as we know it now... on the verge of MAJOR changes. So hopefully if we can get those photos taken i can put the last two layouts together as well... i've already shopped for outfits and everything! so wish us luck.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I hope everything is OK with all the reference to major changes!

kaybee said...

i love the paper you picked out for your baby boy book. can you tell me the brands? it's so hard to find cute boy paper...thanks! Kristin

Clark Captions said...

Hey Katie...I am sooo feeling for you with those major changes looming ahead....good luck with everything and know that we are thinking about you. Wish sincerely wish you guys all the best! Kyle and Stacey