Wednesday, June 04, 2008

All I want for Christmas....


You know something's up when you have NO desire for diet coke. weird what pregnancy does to you. but I have managed to kick the diet coke addiction, not hard when it doesn't taste good anymore. when nothing tastes good anymore.

so this is my official announcement! Hymas baby #2 due out late December.... the 23rd to be exact. yikes! all this time i've said I didn't want a Christmas baby. more proof that God has a sense of humor. We've been trying since August and now we're getting a little bundle for Christmas. I had my first appointment yesterday (11 weeks), and my doctor said she would take pity on me and schedule my c-section a week early so I could at least not be in the hospital for Christmas.

i remember being pregnant with Aspen and being so sick. Other mom's would say how they just couldn't really remember being sick when they were pregnant and I was thinking... how on earth can you not remember feeling this way, it's the worst thing ever, thinking to myself that I just might not ever go through this again. Now here i find myself seemingly to have forgotten how miserable I was, since I managed to get myself here again and remembering all too clearly how miserable all day sickness is. There's nothing morning about it, it's morning... noon... and especially night. Truthfully though, I haven't been as sick with this pregnancy as I was with aspen, and it's mostly at night. Maybe it's a boy? hmmmm, guess we'll still have to wait it out to find that one out. hopefully it is a boy, because Clark and I agreed that if we have a boy and a girl already then we'll let #3 be a surprise. We'll see!

So there you have it, my excuse for everything these days.
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Kage said...

congratulations~

Liz said...

Yahoo, we're so excited for you guys! Your paragraph about being sick perfectly describes me as well. Whoever coined the term "morning sickness" should be shot. Hope you feel better soon!

Clark Captions said...

Yay!!!!!!! I'm so glad it is officially out so that I can talk about it! We are sooo excited for you over here. I'm so sorry that you have been so sick! Ugh...maybe just a few more weeks, and you'll start feeling better. We are wishing you the best and can't wait to hear more updates! Congratulations!!!!

Brooke Bowen said...

We might be on to something! With Dax I was a lot more sick at night. This time around I'm more sick but its worse in the morning. Maybe you are having a boy, and I'm having a girl?! Interesting, very interesting!

Alexander Family said...

Ha ha. Baby #3? spoken like a true parent who has yet to have that 2nd baby crying while big sister is driving you crazy. You've heard the 3 is the hardest number right? Let's see if you re-assess in a year from now. Congratulations to you guys. Aspen will love being a big sister. And for the record, Christmas babies are the best. I can't wait for the combined day of gifts. Wow, I'm sounding like the worst parent of the year. I better shut up now.
Way to go guys!

gramakas said...

Of course, Dad & I are thrilled for grandchild #9 and we don't even care if it is a boy or a girl... we'll spoil them just the same! 

kj said...

The title of the song "Santa Baby" comes to mind. What happy, joyful news! December birthdays can always be celebrated with June half-birthdays. June is a great month for parties outside. I've liked it my whole life. Congrats!

Brady and Jenna said...

YAHOO!! I'm so excited for you.

{owens} said...

Katie, I'm jealous. Ha ha. Congrats to your little family.

Melanie said...

It's definitely a good excuse for just about everything! I use it all the time. Congratulations! And my birthday is Dec. 27, so the kid will survive. I have oodles of tips though if you're ever curious about how to make a Christmas birthday still a fun one!

Anonymous said...

That means you were pregnant when we went out to dinner! We are so excited for you guys. Fill us in on whether it is a boy or girl, we will be on pins an needles. I do have to say, we definitely will NOT be having the second at the same time as we did with London and Aspen. It will be perfect, you can go through it first and then when I see you are handling two little rugrats just fine, then we will feel like maybe we can do another!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Nicole, Jake and London

Christine said...

Hurray!!! Katie and Clark, that is so exciting! Congratulations to you guys. And congratulations to Aspen, the big-sister-to-be! I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl. I hope your pregnancy gets better. So sorry you're feeling sick.

Kylee Jane said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you and your fam!

erika said...

CONGRATS!!!!!

chanel said...

yay ... so happy for you guys! Love the camping photos ... cool scenery! luv chanl

Danielle said...

YAY!!! I haven't peeked in here for a while and it looks like I did so just in time. I am so excited for you. Having two is better than one (and actually easier in the long run I think). Instant playmates!