Friday, May 30, 2008

Just finished!

So last weekend while we drove 3 hours to idaho and back and most of the time there, I spent reading this book. I finished it just a couple days ago. I really liked it. I liked the ending because I felt like it had closure, while leaving it open for a sequel without being a major cliffhanger. There's nothing I hate worse than finishing a book that leaves you hanging and then waiting a whole year for the next one to come out. I will admit that the first 1/3 of the book seemed to drag a little for me, I wasn't sure if I was into the whole alien invasion thing... then about 1/3 the way through I thought, hmmm... this is getting interesting. And for anyone who's read twilight (assuming there are still those out there who haven't), you know how you get sucked into the reading and hardly notice when 100 pages has gone by. Then I was just so curious about how it was going to end that I just had to keep going. So if anyone else has finished it, let me know so I can talk about it without having to leave out details! All in all, I would give it 4 1/2 stars.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I just finished The Host yesterday too! Wasn't it great? I love how it got me thinking about all these crazy spiritual things like - How do souls interact with our bodies? Are our souls limited by the capacity of our brains? How much of our actions are due to the genetics and chemicals in our body and how much are innate aspects of who we are spiritually? If we love someone, how much of it is physical love and how much of it is their soul? Ahhh I miss book group! I need to find a book group here that works with my crazy schedule.

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS BOOK! I agree, it took me some time to get into it, but once I did, Jake lost his wife until I finished! I really liked the ending! It was PERFECT! LOVE IAN! LOVE JARED! It was awesome!

Clark Captions said...

How fun Katie! I need an entertaining book to read....I'll have to pick it up. I wasn't too interested in it knowing that it had to do with the alien thing, but maybe I should be a little more open to it. I'll put it on my book list and will give it a try. Glad you liked it!

Anonymous said...

I started it... well I am three pages in...and it is slow for me. I will keep reading so we can talk about it.