Today our little family participated along with about 17,000 other runners in the Susan Koman Race for the Cure.
This is the first year I've run this race and I was inspired by my friend, Kalli, who has fought and survived breast cancer this past year. I also have a friend at work, Jan, who has also been battling breast cancer this year. And while we were listing amazing survivors, we remembered Clark's grandma who is also a breast cancer survivor! So we felt like we had a lot to celebrate, that these amazing women are still in our lives today!
This is the first year I've run this race and I was inspired by my friend, Kalli, who has fought and survived breast cancer this past year. I also have a friend at work, Jan, who has also been battling breast cancer this year. And while we were listing amazing survivors, we remembered Clark's grandma who is also a breast cancer survivor! So we felt like we had a lot to celebrate, that these amazing women are still in our lives today!
Here is Kalli and her daughter, if you can read her shirt, it says:"when I grow up, there's going to be a cure"... love that






2 comments:
You guys are Awesome! What a cool cause to support. And you both did this on how many hours of sleep the night before?
This is soo awesome Katie! I should have figured that you guys would be participating in this event! I was there too! I was supporting my sister in law who is also a survivor. What a great cause...I miss running with you!
Post a Comment