

okay, sorry about another sappy post about how fast she's growing up, but indulge me. As Aspen was brushing her teeth tonight I totally had one of those moments when I realized how fast this whole parenting thing is going to fly by. I don't know why, but seeing that she can stand on the stool and actually reach the water with her toothbrush kind of freaked me out. I guess it was the first time I realized she's going to start needing me less and less as she grows up. I don't think I'm one of those mom's who can't stand the thought of her children growing up... my mom said her job as a mother was to raise children to be capable and independent adults. I agree with that, but at the same time does it have to happen so fast? while I'm so cherishing everything about her as she grows, i'm curious about who she will become... what will her talents be? what kind of music will she like? will she be a girly girl, or more of a tomboy... or like her mom, somewhere in the middle. There was an add on t.v. for the musical, "Annie", that is playing in town and i thought how fun it will be in a few years to take her to that and be able to do fun things together. It reminds me of the movie "Father of the Bride"... when the daughter is telling her parents she's getting married and her father pictures her as this little girl in piggie tails telling him she's getting married... so while I'm typing this and aspen is crying in her crib next door because she doesn't want to go to bed, I'm just going to sit and listen because too soon she's going to be sneaking out at night because she doesn't want to go to bed and I think i prefer the first... for now.
1 comment:
Aawwww...makes me all teary! She does look so grown up standing on that stool! It really is fun and exciting to watch them grow up, but sad too.....it will be fun having those mother/daughter dates....me and my Aspen love them. My motto....cherish every moment...but, I know you already know that. Hang on tight! Love, Stacey
Post a Comment