Monday, May 21, 2007
I can feel it coming on
i'm sitting here this morning, checking out my friend's new blogs... Ali and Elise and I just noticed, the little tingling sensation starting just a little in a little spot on my lower lip... you cold sore sufferers know exactly what I'm talking about. And I'm thinking, what's the deal... i haven't been out in the sun lately, am I stressed? Am I sick? Where is this coming from? What have I done to deserve this? Am I being punished for something? And then it dawned on me... KARMA. Ever since I started watching "My Name Is Earl", I can't help myself from thinking what goes around comes around... and when you do bad things, bad things will happen to you. I think it was my past two days at work. I took care of this patient who was driving me CRAZY!!! I even yelled at him when he pulled out his NG tube it made me so mad! He told me he pulled it out because it was bothering him, I replied, well it's really going to bother you when I have to put a new one back in! I was really mad... I think I morphed into Katie, MN (mean nurse). And now I'm being punished for it. I must endure the painful torment of a week's worth of a painful, throbbing, ugly, face deforming cold sore. Consider my lesson learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have to agree...I have always felt when I get a cold sore that I am being publicly punished for something I must have done pretty bad. As if some inward physical trauma is not a mean enough punishment...I have to be embarassed in front of everyone I ever meet with my giant deformed growth on my face.
Don't worry about the NG tube guy - he probably deserved it.
OUCH!! I feel your pain. I haven't had one for quite a while. I hope this searing AZ sun won't be my downfall.
i just can't imagine you being mean.
i am the one that said i can't imagine you being mean...
(this is heidi)..
cause i am the mean one.
Ha Ha Ha. I love you Kates. You are so freaking funny! Miss you much : )
E
Post a Comment