



First of all, thanks Lynnae for watching Aspen so Clark and I could have a little Saturday time together! This is the second time i've done this Climb with Clark, he's done it a lot more than that. It's a climb called Pentapitch up little cottonwood canyon. It's a 2 pitch trad climb. Which means there aren't bolts along the way that you clip into... you have to place equiqment into the cracks and then hook your rope into that as you climb. Clark is modeling his "trad rack". His collection of gear that he places into the cracks and then puts his life at risk trusting in that stuff. It scares the heck out of me. Then I climb up after him, once he gets to the top and has me on top rope and I remove the gear that he placed and carry it up with me. It was like trying to swim with a bunch of bricks strapped to you. I was carrying a backpack with an extra rope for our rappel down, plus adding all the gear around my waist as I climbed... I'm sure i burned a lot of calories!!!!! I kept having to remind myself we were having fun! It was fun once we got to the top and got to rappel down and we both made it out safely. Clark almost gave some other climbers on the ground below us head injuries though... he was getting his anchor settled in at the top of the second pitch and accidentally knocked of some rocks. Uh oh! I was glad I had a helmet on, although the rocks came a lot closer to the guys below than they did to me! It was a beautiful day, the fall leaves are beautiful! Right now is by far my favorite time of year. The temperature is perfect, the leaves are beautiful and it just smells like fall.
1 comment:
You kids are so hardcore!
Post a Comment