Friday, October 27, 2006

I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so!

Konichiwa!

Here we are in Japan, in CRAZY tokyo! Day 2 of CKU-J (Creating Keepsakes University). Things are going well, we're still recovering from the travel over here! We flew from SLC to San Francisco and had a 2 hour layover there. Then we flew from SF to Tokyo, we left at 12:30 in the afternoon on wednesday and flew in at 3:30 thursday afternoon in tokyo. The strange thing was that the flight was only 11 hours and the sun never went down. I still haven't figured out how that worked. Clark was trying to explain it to me... somthing about the international date line. We ended up being up a total of 24 hours from the time we left home until we could go to bed here.

So Classes went really well yesterday, everyone is crazy about Heidi Swapp. They're having their pictures taken with me and I'm signing autographs and everything... weird. They have loved the project and so far pretty much everyone is able to finish within the class time. There are a total of 240 students and 8 classes. We've been hanging out with some of the other teachers, Ali Edwards, Traci White, Joey Whittaker, and Lance with Rusty Pickles. Last night after classes we took the train to the next trainstop and walked all over. We went to a REAL Japanese sushi bar where the sushi comes by on a conveyer belt and you take it off and pay per plate. It was funny, I'm pretty used to sushi from hanging out with Clark, but it was really freaking some of the others out. We got a good laugh. Turns out I'm thinking heidi is probably glad she's not here because of the food. We did finally find diet coke! After dinner we walked all over, this place is like Vegas on Crack! So crazy... people everywhere. We went into a 5 story tall electronics store... you want it, you got it! We got on the train to come back during rush hour traffic and we were all packed in like sardines. So many people everywhere, and we don't exactly blend in.

So today is day two of classes, we're on lunch break and I think we're going to go hit up the Mc Donalds! It's about time for some familiar food. Hi to everyone! We miss you!

Sayonara!

1 comment:

Rane said...

I'm so excited that you're there. I can hardly wait to see all your pictures and hear about your trip. Aspen has been an ANGEL to say the least. We'll send you an email to tell you more. Anyway, have fun and be safe!!

We Love and Miss you!!