Okay, so things have been so crazy and busy we can hardly keep up with ourselves so how about a list of the things we've been doing lately...
Aspen and I took a spur of the moment trip to Arizona last week to hang out with heidi and the kids while Eric was in China. Gratefully the flights weren't full in either direction so Aspen could hang out in her infant seat and sleep like a good baby! She did great! She's only 6 months old and already she's flown six times. I need to get her a frequent flyer account set up. Okay so the real reason we went was so Heidi could get me all up to speed on the Heidi Swapp class project I will be teaching at the upcoming CKU- Japan... That's right... Clark and I are getting a trip to Japan for a week to teach scrapbooking! It's going to be a serious bummer for everyone attending when they find out I'm teaching the class and not Heidi Swapp. Maybe they won't be able to tell the difference... if I wear enough pink! No, really we are super excited about this trip. Clark served his mission in Japan and we've been wanting to go back there ever since, but it's just never been the right time. So we didn't hesitate to jump on the opportunity. We will be spending the first 4 days in Tokyo at the CKU convention and then taking the Bullet train to other areas of the country where Clark served. We'll be sure to blog as we go and take some good photos.
The closer the trip gets, the more we realize we have to get done before we go... Clark got the swampcooler drained out, and the filters changed out on the heater (which I'm thinking from the looks of the filter had probably NEVER been changed in the 13 years our house has been around... it was pretty gross!) I got the lawn all mowed for probably the last time. I will admit that I love mowing the lawn, I know how weird. I love the smell and how clean cut the yard looks afterwards. Clark got out the edger and the weedwacker since I'm not checked out on that kind of equipment and we got the lawn all whipped into shape. We do have a pretty serious weed situation in the flower beds... I'm not so sure what the answer to that problem is and truthfully, I don't share the same enthusiasm for weed-pulling as I do for lawn-mowing. My dad came over the other evening as I was attempting to tackle the weed situation in our back yard and I think he had a pretty good laugh. I told him he owes me a LOT of yard work for all the years I've spend weeding and mowing HIS yard. He just convienantly came over in nice clothes.. uh, huh! I'm mostly just looking forward to the snow so at least I don't have to see the weeds!
Anyhow, other little things we have going on, Clark is going to Maryland for 3 days next week for training for his job. Aspen has been busy growing in her first tooth! And growing out of all her footie pajamas! Her poor little legs can't straighten out, and her toes are all curled up... so we hit the Park City outlets today and she should be good with new pj's... at least for a couple of weeks! She has her next check-up in a couple of weeks, so we're anxious to find out how much she's grown!
okay, so pretty much that's it! A whole lot of being busy!!
1 comment:
That sounds AMAZINg....have a great trip. Have you ever traveled over seas ? When Jason took me back to his mission: Austria, I was totally freaked out with culture shock. My brain kept trying to read (and understand) the german and as a result, it hurt.
Post a Comment