



Okay, so any of you related to me can VIVIDLY remeber growing up there were two phrases heard nearly everyday in our home. The first was, "First we work, then we play". The other was, "Think of the pioneers". Ya ya ya, walking in the cold and snow, no shoes, no fast food or drive-throughs, I truly am gratefuly for my ancestors to crossed the plains so that we could come a couple hundred years later and have cars, tv, and target. So it really never hit me so much as it has since we've had Aspen. I find myself thinking of the pioneers every day and wondering how on earth they did it. I remember when I was pregnant with Aspen and having to get up out of bed no less than 5 times a night to pee and thinking how grateful I was to not have to go outside in the snow and pee outside!!! Again, I thought of the pioneers when I was going through labor and being oh-so grateful for pain control. But it seems recently, as I watch aspen pick up nearly anything she can wrap her little fingers around and put it in her mouth... what DID the pioneers do? What did their babies play with rocks? And they certainly didn't have johhny jumpers, exersaucers, high chairs, baby swings, or baby einstien... bummer. I'm glad I wasn't a pioneer!
No comments:
Post a Comment