Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Night Shift
It's 5:19 AM, I've got 2 hours left before I can go home. That is if I can safely make the drive. It's my second night in a row although it feels more like 5 days in a row considering my sleeping yesterday doesn't really count seing how it occured over about 4 intervals spread over the day. The first hour was in bed while aspen was asleep, I bought another 45 minutes by bringing aspen into my bed and let her play...until I couldn't figure out why she was so fussy.... I forgot she needed to be fed. So then I faked being awake while I fed her and I admit, I put the baby swing in front of the tv and put in baby einstein... on repeat play. Guilty. That bought me another hour of sleep. After aspen started to loose interest, I had to wake up and actually focus on her for a few hours. Then at 3:00 she went down for another nap and I actually got 1 1/2 hours until I had to get up and face the fact that although I got some sleep, it doesn't count as rest. Now that it's 5:25 am I'm feeling it. As much as I'd like to eat the honey smacks I brought for a morning snack, I'm going to have to save them to munch on dry on my way home. Thanks a million to Leann, my lifesaving next door neighbor who is going to watch aspen for me today so I can sleep for maybe 5 hours straight! I can't wait.... after I get up I've got to get packed up and ready for creative escape weekend! Focus on 7:30 am, focus on driving home, focus on sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment