Can I just say how much I love having sporty friends! It has been so fun since we've moved into our new home to get to know fun, and sporty girls who like to go and do! We rode in the first annual Wildflower Pedalfest, a bike event just for women up Weber Canyon. It was a 50 mile bike ride starting in Mountain Green and riding about 30 miles UP to East Canyon reservoir at which point we turned back for a nice easy breezy ride back. The course back was a little different that the way out, but it was so scenic and beautiful! It was such a great day, with fun friends, good weather, and a great bike event!
We made it up the huge hill climbs! Half way there at East Canyon Reservoir!
It took us until about 35 miles in when we really started getting tired to figure out how to draft. It was so cool to ride in a draft line, and man that made all the difference. This is how we rode the last 10-15 miles... mostly with Bre leading the way. That girl is a machine!
The finishers!!! Jessica Wright, Bre Stoddard, Katie Hymas, Jen Foxley, and Erin Copin.
Those are some good lookin, tough chicks!
But I'm not going to lie.. the absolute BEST part of the entire day was this amazing dessert bar that was waiting for us in the finishers tent. Holy Moly... 50 different desserts. They said we could have one dessert for every mile we rode. Pretty sure I packed back on any calories I burned in the 4 hour ride.
yummy treats and fun friends! With Erin and Jess!





No comments:
Post a Comment