Today it cooled down to about 75 degrees, overcast and a little windy... perfect day for the zoo! Especially considering the only time I ever think about going to the zoo is the middle of summer when it's hot and miserable and all the animals are just lying around because it's almost too hot to move. So today was perfect. It was fun to check out a new zoo... considering I've only ever been to the Hogle Zoo my whole life. The KC Zoo was much bigger which was good because the habitats were bigger, and more natural and spacious for the animals, but bad because it was a LOT of walking for little feet. If the goal was to wear the kiddos out (which let's face it, that's always the goal) then mission accomplished!
After 4 hours walking around the zoo, I was glad I opted for the running shoes rather than the flip flops! and now we can check off another thing from the Kansas City "to do" list! I'm sure this is only the first of many annual visits here.

2 comments:
I can't believe how cute Bryson's hair is and sooooo curly. The pic of Aspen with the sleeping polar bear, looks just like Konni. Do you see that?
What a perfectly fun outing! It looks like Bryson was really taking it all in. Aspen is a zoo expert. I remember taking her to Hogle Zoo while you were in China and yes, it was a really hot day that day. Didn't we go to Innsbrook, Austria zoo with you and Brooke?
Post a Comment