Monday, August 02, 2010

City Market Farmer's market...

This Saturday, we drove downtown to check out the Historic City Market. It's a HUGE farmers market that is right down almost to the banks of the Missouri River. It was a lot of fun... and certainly put any other farmer's market I've ever been to to shame! We stocked up on produce to make some fresh salsa (since we're missing out on our own garden) and fresh peaches for pie. We also had to try out the fresh squeezed cherry limeade, and kettle corn. We had just eaten before we went which we now know not to do... there were all kinds of restaurants inside the city market, from korean, to mediterranean, to of course... BBQ! I feel like all I ever want to take pictures of and post about is food! But the food is really good, and for now it still feels like we're on an extedned vacation... and a good vacation always involves good food... am I right?

1 comment:

Clark Captions said...

Aww! Katie!!! It's going to be hard knowing you are so far away! I love all the family pics. Your grandpa is sooo darling, and it looks like you had a blast at the cabin! Congrats on the offers on your house!!! Yay!!! Good luck with the house hunting and settling in to KC!