Sunday, May 23, 2010

Salsa Season!

Question: If you were stranded on a desert island, with only one thing to eat for the rest of your life... what would it be?

Answer: Chips, Salsa, and an Ice Cold Diet Coke with fresh lime.

Here are a few of our recent salsa creations.... thanks to Bountiful Baskets, we've had some new and unusual produce to experiment with.

Salsa Verde: (Original recipe from Bonnie Christopherson)

3 Avocados
3 tomatillos
1 small bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
2 tsp salt
1 onion
2 C H2O

Combine in food processor... enjoy! Just don't forget to save the avocado pits to keep in the salsa to keep from turning brown. This salsa is very creamy and mild. I think next time we'll add a jalapeno pepper to add some heat. Tonight we had fish tacos and this salsa made for the best dressing! We usually use cafe rio salad dressing, but I think I liked this even better.



Peach and Mango Salsa..

2 mangos
2 peaches
1 sweet onion
1 medium salsa
2 cloves garlic
small bunch of cilantro
juice of one lime
salt & pepper
Jalapeno (0ptional... we like kick!)
Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend away to desired consistency... yummy!


Here's another yummy recipe we tried with the mango's we got in our bountiful basket:

Mango and Coconut Sticky Rice:


Bring 1 C. coconut milk to a boil and dissolve aprox. 1/3 C. Sugar. Add in 3 C. Sticky rice (already cooked) and stir until rice mixture becomes like a porrage. Serve up individual portions with slices of fresh mango... mmm.

1 comment:

Lynnae said...

I love your blog! Whenever I need a pick me up, I just look at your cute blog and it makes me smile. Did you get a basket this week? They finally had some out by us. Yay!