This morning I picked up my Bountiful Basket.. and here were all my goods... all for $15! If you want to check it out, you have to sign up at Bountifulbaskets.com. For me, in Davis Co. I had to sign up by monday at 1:00. I bought the basic basket, you can pay extra for a few additional things, like bread if you want. I might try that next time. I thought it would be fun to get a bunch of produce and not know beforehand what you're going to get. I think it will make cooking this week interesting! I got a bunch of brussel sprouts?!? I've NEVER even had brussel sprouts, so we'll give it a try... have any good ideas on how to make them? Let me know. I'm super excited to try THIS RECIPE for thai coconut sticky rice and mango! mmmm. love it!We're also just finally getting our garden put in... we're a little behind this year, but hopefully we'll be up to speed before too long. I planted raspberries too! yum, LOVE this time of year!
3 comments:
I'm jealous. I tried this week, but by the time I got the web site to work, anything at our local was gone. The availability has been the most frustrating part of about it. BTW, I LOVE their bread. Totally worth it. I'm hoping I can get a basket next week before our bread is completely gone. I made some strawberry freezer jam (surprizingly easy) and we have the toast and jam for breakfast almost every day.
Isn't it the best? My favorite was getting some swiss chard. What the heck do you do with chard?? I miss you on Mondays. Switch back soon!!!
Love it too! We gave all our mangos to the Brazilian in our family...she eats them like apples! Yuck! Oh, I LOVE brussel sprouts just steamed and then topped with butter & lemon juice.
Post a Comment