Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Sunday drive addendum...

So, I FAILED to mention the reason we went to Antelope Island in the first place...

A couple weeks ago my IRONMAN of a brother ran a 50 mile race around the island. I think it was called the Buffalo run. He took 12th place. Okay, did I mention RUNNING and FIFTY miles?!? That's like 2 marathons back to back. I'm just going to throw in the word INSANITY while i'm at it! Seriously, how much do you have to hate yourself to voluntarily put yourself through 8 hours of straight running. Yes, 8 hours... and that's coming in 12th place. Imagine those poor suckers who came in last, that's a flipping long time.


In my family, we've always sort of prided ourself on "toughness"... and to give credit where credit is due, if I have any ounce of toughness I have to thank my crazy bro who dished out a LOT of tough love over the years growing up, whether snowboarding or mountain biking, or whatever he would take me and basically say, 'see you at the bottom'. And also, thanks to him i have a very hightened defense reflex if anyone tries anything... like tickling, or stealing diet coke... :)

But anyhow, here's a shout out to my crazy bro, i'm glad he wasn't trampled my the tatonka!

4 comments:

Rane said...

i'm glad he was not plowed by a tatonka too...although he'd probably love to talk about that. hahaha

Traci said...

Love your blog background, where can I find a cute one like this and how can I do it without loosing all my stuff??

Clark Captions said...

Holy Cow!!!! 1 marathon is good enough for me thanks! I can't imagine doing 50 miles....Could he even walk the next day??? Owie! It hurts just to think about it. But, way to go! That takes a lot toughness! And, I won't even think about stealing your diet coke. hee hee!

Camdog said...

wow - sounds like a real stud

Is this guy talking about the same guy?

http://mrc-ultra.blogspot.com/2009/04/buffalo-50.html