Tuesday, March 24, 2009

She's 3... almost!



Aspen has figured out what birthday's are and she KNOWS her's is coming up. In fact she talks about her birthday almost everyday and has for probably the past 3 months. She can tell you her birthday is "march 29th", and hold up 3 fingers... which is tricky but she's got it down. I've been doing a bunch of scrapbooking lately, you know in all my free time, but it's mostly been of bryson. It's been a while since I've really scrapbooked aspen. So tonight I sat down at the computer for a few minutes to pull up some pics of her to make a layout and turns out, I couldn't pick just a couple. It seems whenever I'm trying to snap a good photo of her it's impossible, but I was surprised looking through the files and files of photos that I really have so many great shots of her, and her little personality just shines through. In typical mom fashion, i have tears running down my cheeks as I look at what an amazing little girl she's growing into. She makes me laugh everyday... despite how frustrating it can be to reason with a stubborn toddler. There is so much I admire about her... she has so much confidence in herself and she'll walk right up to a total stranger in the grocery store and say something like, "do you like my pretty hair?" She knows she is beautiful... I hate to think tha someday along the way she will lose that feeling about herself. She loves to make friends. While I walk into a room of new people and immediately crawl into my little shell... she runs towards a playground full of kids shouting, "mom, look at all my friends". I guess what i'm trying to say is I feel so humbled, and blessed to be this little girls mommy, and I'm realizing how fast this is going to go by. I need to cherish every day and every moment a little more, and not get so frustrated if bedtime sometimes takes and extra hour, or two, or three sometimes.

10 comments:

hks said...

she is so luckY! you are the best. i love you kate.

Danielle said...

What you said at the end is so true! I feel so frustrated sometimes, but then I have to remember that it's not that big of a deal. Time goes by way to fast to sweat the small stuff. Happy Birthday Aspen!

chanel said...

what a gorgeous post! you are a lovely mum!
i love bryson's room too ... look great!
have a great week luv chanel

Brooke Bowen said...

so sweet! I love all the pictures, you can totally see her personality in them! What a fun little, big girl!

gramakas said...

That was the sweetest post... now I have tears running down my cheeks. And of course, I agree with everything! She always makes me feel really loved and appreciated and I treasure our relationship!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. I was just doing the same thing with little P. I went through old pics for two hours the other night trying to make a movie for her.

Linda said...

Is it just me, or is time flying by at the speed of light? Aspen is so cute.

Clark Captions said...

Great post Katie! I love the pictures of little Aspen!

Anonymous said...

you're a lucky momma and aspen is a lucky daughter - you have each other! thank you for sharing your perspective on your sweet little girl.

Kathee said...

I remember when you were pregnant with her! She is so adorable! Just keep making her feel good about herself and I'm sure she'll grow up with the confidence to be who she wants to be. I have tried with my kids and I think it has worked out great. My daughter, at 16, is still very confident and knows she is a beautiful person and deserves great things!