Tuesday, March 17, 2009

b's quilt


So this is bryson's quilt... it's hanging on the wall in his room. I acutally made this quilt top probably 5 years ago, just as a project that i figured I'd find use for one day and now i seem to have found a use for it! I couldn't quite finish it until after i had the baby because a few of the squares had to be personalized with his name, birthdate, time, and weight. My mom helped me out with the border and binding and we took it to one of her quilter friends to have it machine-quilted. It's fun to see it finally completed. I hate having projects unfinished because i love to see the finished product, so it sort of drove me cdrazy to have this one un-finished for so long. And here are some pics of the rest of his little room.






Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Elise said...

Love it Kates. Nice work- per usual : )

Anonymous said...

just one other way you are more talented than the rest of us...well at least me:) JK I love it and I love his room!

kj said...

B's quilt is just precious.

gramakas said...

So happy that the "sewing genes" have passed down to you... I'm keeping optimistic for Aspen to follow (she does like to thread buttons!).

Clark Captions said...

So darling Katie!!! I love the nursery! I bet it is so nice to stretch out in the new home.....we miss you!!!!

Linda said...

Beautiful job.. You have a lot of talent!

Jen said...

So cute! Do you want to come put mine together now?