Friday, September 26, 2008
Mismatched day...
I wish I had my camera with me this morning, it was the best morning. Aspen and I had to be up and out of the house by 7:30 this morning which left us plenty of time to get to daycare/work. I didn't bother to get her dressed for the day since we could do that at school, so I just scooped her out of bed, made a quick stop by the potty, and loaded in the car. We went to Einsteins bagels for a little breakfast date while killing some time. It was the best, me and aspen just chillin at a table having breakfast together like girlfriends. I was enjoying an egg, ham, and cheeze on a whole wheat bagel while Aspen was enjoying her plain bagel with strawberry cream cheeze... which was about as big as her head. After breakfast we headed to Aspen's school to drop her off. In she trots wearing still her pj's... a blue and purple butterfly t-shirt with yellow pj pants with bright pink flowers. Of course she had to tote along her Dora backpack which is almost as big as her as well. As we entered the school, one of the teachers looked at Aspen and said, "I love your mismatched outfit". I just laughed because she really looked quite silly, and thought we'd get her dressed as soon as we got to her classroom. Well when we walked in her classroom, one of her teachers said, "Aspen, I love your mismatched outfit". I thought it was strange for a minute, then I glanced up at the classroom calendar and noticed that today was "mismatched clothes day". PERFECT!!! I couldn't have planned for a better mismatched outfit. And I'm sure Aspen has been happy all day to hang out in her jammies. So not only is it Friday which makes it a good day, but I got to have a breakfast date with my 2 year old and drop her off at school for mismatched day... does it get any better?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love it!!!! What a special little date! I love days like that! You'll have to hang onto that good memory fer sure!
Oh my gosh, that is the best story ever! How lucky are you? You definitely need to take a picture of her in those same jammies. Too funny!!!
OK you have inspired me to continue with the twins' potty training (dread, dread). i love the idea of having a little gift for each time they go.
and i'm jealous of your little breakfast date! i might have to try that some time!
Post a Comment