Monday, August 06, 2007

good stuff!

It's hard to keep up with all that's been going on lately. I can't believe it's already August, when i get up to run in the mornings, I'm noticing i don't have to wake up as early because the sun is coming up later... something that I really like actually. I think I actually have the opposite of S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder)... most people get depressed in the winter because of lack of sunshine. Personally, i think the sun is pretty obnoxious, especially when it's rising at 5:30 in the morning, which means I have to get up earlier to run, and it waskes up little sunshine herself much much earlier than necessary. not to mention the heat, sometimes I just with the sun would give us a break! Maybe i would feel differently if we had central air... maybe next year. However, despite my sun aversion, we've been having a great summer. July was pretty action packed with cabin trips and swimming pools and August is shaping up to keep up the pace. so here are just a few photos of some enjoyable moments!




Big suprise here, Aspen is a shoe girl! This is her wearing my high heels and strolling around the house. I think she's ready for famous footwear! The only time she will really sit still is for you to put her shoes on. she has this super cute pair of pink cowboy-girl boots and we keep putting them on, but she really can't walk in them yet... she'll get it.

one pretty big tradition associated with July in my family is Red Velvet Cake...mmmm. We usually get it for either mine or my mom's birthday, or sometimes for both. Sometimes throughout the year we find reasons to make it too... like for instance it matches Christmas and Valentines day. Aspen and I were in PHX visiting the Swapp's when everyone else was celebrating mom's birthday and having Red Velvet, but lucky for us, they saved us a few pieces and this is Aspen having her first red velvet experience. i think she's a fan, she must be related afterall!


This is just Aspen helping me wash my car the other day. I wish I could insert audio, so you could hear "bubbes, bubbes". Well we definatly have some action packed weeks coming up so stay tuned for reports of family reunion fun, upcoming races, and new job!?!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Ha! I love your feelings about the sun. I feel the same way at times. Aspen is as cute as ever eating her red velvet cake. Yum!

PS. I didn't recognize your blog at first. I like the new look! It's fun to change it up every once in a while!

Melanie said...

Aspen looks older suddenly ... maybe it's just the shoes?

I used to think completely overcast, warm windy rain was the best ... until I moved to Vermont and the sun didn't show it's tiny little head for honestly weeks at a time, and it rained (or snowed) close to all the time. What's up sun? Too much in Utah, too little in New England. Where's the balance?