brrr... heading out at the crack of dawn on this very foggy and freezing morning to run a 5K around daybreak lake on a snowy, icy soggy trail. Only the really crazy people get a kick out of this kind of torture!
The next event was probably the most dreaded WOD of the competition. It was called "10-3-10"... and it's a little confusing. It was done in teams of two, so the guys went together first, then the guys. (Mind you by this point, we're all on our 5th WOD in about 20 hours... and feeling it!) So here's how it went.
As a team you first had a 10 Min AMRAP of :
20 front squats #65
15 Box overs
10 HSPU's (hand stand push ups)
then: 3 Min max effort rope climbs
then: 10 Min time cap for each partner to complete:
500 M Row
20 Snatch #65
50 doubles
It was a killer WOD! I had a pretty major meltdown right before this one. I had to take a drive home, take a shower, and clear my head. Glad I did, because it ended up being my favorite WOD of the entire event! Rio and I killed it! We worked well together, because we each covered up the other weaknesses. For instance, Rio did most of the front squats, and I ended up doing all the HSPU's. Who knew I could do 40 hand stand push-ups, in sets of 10... unbroken! That's the awesome thing about CrossFit is when the rubber meets the road you find out what you're really made of!
Here's a few pics of Clark and Cam gettin at it!





















No comments:
Post a Comment