Thursday, July 19, 2012

Daybreak Triathlon



So I've made friends with some sporty people here in daybreak who recruited me into doing the daybreak triathon this year.  It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I did it.  I always feel like I could have done better if I had trained harder, but I'm going to give myself slack on this one and play the "I just had a baby 5 months ago" card!  The best part about this tri was that I got on my bike and just rode down the street about 1/2 mile to where the start was and got all set up.  Later, Clark and the kiddos were able to just walk down and cheer me on!  Then of course just walk right back home when it was over.  This needs to be on the annual list of fun things to do! Next year I'm recruiting Clark for sure!


All set up! 


This was my fastest swim to date! Truthfully, I'm always glad when the swim is over and this one especially because the water was so shallow I felt like I was swimming in lake weeds the whole time... ugh.  I guess on the positive side, if I had gotten really tired, I probably could have just stood up.  Not that I wanted to touch the bottom of the lake either.  This was also my first open water swim in a wetsuit.  I liked it, but next time I need to remember to get a sleeveless wetsuit, I didn't like having the long sleeves, my arms felt super restricted and I tired quickly.  It's always a relief to be on solid ground again and so fun to have my cheering section right there on the beach!


And then I was off on the bike!  It was about a 12 or 13 mile loop up to the mouth of the Kennecott Copper mine and back... pretty much uphill out and downhill back.  I'd ridden this ride a bunch of times in training so I actually felt pretty strong on the bike.




And we're off again!  This time for a 3.2 mile run around Daybreak Lake!  Again, I have run around this lake a bunch of times so it was nice to be in familiar territory.  I am continually amazed at how much I love where we live and that I can walk out my door and run around a beautiful lake, not have to worry about cars and traffic!  love daybreak!


My cheering section at the finish line!  The kids ran across the finish line with me, then Bryson and I had to keep on running to find him a potty.  He had to go so bad, but they didn't want to miss me crossing the finish line.  I was afraid he was going to pee his pants!  We made it!  The kids loved all the yummy treats after the race!  


I think my final time was around 1:49... ish. Not too shabby at 4 mo's post-partum! :)


I never want to get a tattoo for real... but I'm not going to lie, I liked having this ink on... I earned it and was sad when it washed away!  I guess that's motivation to do another one!

No comments: