Friday, February 24, 2012

These are the same photos from the collage below, but I put them in a 2-page digi layout thanks to Jessica Sprague photoshop friday! You can't read the journaling, but I wrote about how sweet those first few days in the hospital are. Because I have c-sections, I spend about 4 days in the hospital. I know a lot of mom's want to get in have their baby's and then get home ASAP. Not me. I love the time I spend in the hospital. I love it because I get 4 days just to myself and the baby. I don't have anyone else to take care of, no dishes to do, no one to take to the potty, no laundry to do, no bedtimes to worry about, no breakfast, lunch or dinner to make. You get the idea. It's just me and the baby, and all I have to do is hold and love him. It's the only time in his little life that he gets my undivided attention. And it's the only time I get help with him in the middle of the night. I love staying in the hospital, it's a weird sort of vacation. I know, strange... but true. The food is s0-so, but at least I don't have to prepare it. And this time we got a special treat. On the last night I was in the hospital, they provided an actually really nice dinner for me and Clark. That night Clark stayed late with me, we had a yummy dinner including sparkling cider and chocolate pie and we watched Bones on Netflix... (that's the tv series we're into lately). It was a really great night actually. Also, since this was my 3rd go around having a 4 day hospital stay, I was a little more prepared this time.. for myself. I bought brand new cozy jammies, and socks. I brought lemon propel (my fav), and all sorts of toiletries to help me feel as comfortable as possible after major abdominal surgery. By Sunday, I was ready to come home although I was a little sad to leave my mini-vaca and get back to the real world of being a mom of now 3 kids... it's been a little touch and go since then! But we've survived 4 weeks, and I think it's looking like we're going to survive altogether!

No comments: