
It's a good thing to take LOTS of photos... because at one week my brain is like pudding, as in barely functioning. There's no chance I could count on my brain to actually remember moments as sweet as this. All I can say is Heavenly Father must have known I needed a mellow baby, because little ollie is just chillax as they come! He's so content and mellow. He fusses when he's hungry and he doesn't much like his diaper changed or bathtime, but the rest of the time he's just as happy and peaceful as can be. It's funny how sleep deprived you are after having a new baby. I thought I would be prepared for it because I seriously had insomnia throughout my entire pregnancy. I don't remember the last time I actually slept through an entire night. So I thought it would be no different after the baby came. NOT. Now when I get to sleep I pass out, and those every 2 hour feedings come very quickly. It seems like after I feed him and go back to sleep, when he wakes up again I think to myself "I just fed you 5 minutes ago", but in reality when I look at the clock it's been like 2-3 hours. It's as if my body is now trying to catch up on the sleep it's missed out on the past 9 months, and it's just not happening. I just keep repeating in my head over and over again "this WILL get better". I've had 2 kids already, I know this phase passes... but right now it seems as if I will never sleep through the night again in my entire life. This WILL get better!
No comments:
Post a Comment