
Things in this department seem to continue to be coming along as well! I think I'm 29 weeks... almost 7 months. Wowsa. And feeling it! Feeling lots of heartburn in particular, but feeling the baby kicking around a lot which makes it all worth it! As long as project A (house) is finished before project B (baby) I'm okay with things! I also broke down and bought a few new maternity clothes just to make me feel a little better... and guess what.. it worked!

On a side note: just had to post this project I did today! I love being crafty. I've started to realize things in my life that bring me joy.. having a good book to read (I've been reading the Josi Kilpack murder mystery novels lately... i'm loving them), and having little projects to do to keep my hands and mind busy. So tonight I went to a fun furniture re-finishing class at a store called the finde, it's in SLC and I went with my friend Becky. I told her I needed something new to try and she said she was taking this class. So for $20 we spent an hour and a half learning how to sand, paint, glaze, and stain pretty much anything! The class project was a frame... here is mine. And inside is my other project that I made tonight. It's a subway print... love it! It's one of the hybrid projects in the Jessica Sprague/Heidi Swapp Mouse Paper Scissors Give class. So fun! When you first look at it it just looks like a jumble of words and numbers... but really it's a sort of a time line of our married life. A documentation of when we were married, and all the places we've lived and the major things that happened there... particularly having our babies. It feels significant to document because in the almost 11 years we've been married, we're going on 9 different homes. The last 4 in 4 years including the home we are building. Poor Bryson is turning 3 in December and our new home will be the 4th place he's lived. Poor kid is soooo confused about what home is. Hopefully he'll feel at home in our new place when all our familiar stuff gets unpacked... and hopefully we will be able to call it home for a good long while! So anyhow, I just really loved doing this project as well as having something tangible to look at realize just how much adventuring we've done in 11 short years.



Also by way of projects... I just had my blog published into books! I downloaded the booksmart software from blurb and it just imports your blog and allows you to format each entry into pages. Okay so it took me a LONG time to format it all.. and about $120 to print 2 books. The first book is entries from 2006-2007, the second one is 2008-2009, and I've already started working on the 2010-2011 book (but obviously I have to wait until the end of the year to complete it). I love having a published history of the last almost 6 years of our life! My take on this blog is like I'm documenting our life as it happens... or hitting the highlights at least. So it's sort of like a real-time family history I'm writing. A couple months ago, I was logging into the blog and must have put in the wrong info because a message came up and said the blog had been deleted. I almost had a heart attack. Gratefully, it was a mistake but it made me realize how sad I would be if something really did happen to everything we've documented here. So I'm super happy to have it in a book as well!
So that's what we've been up to this month! We're looking forward to Thanksgiving next week and so so so glad to be home for the holidays this year!
1 comment:
You are looking great, Momma. Your house seems to have magically appeared. It is going to be charming!
Post a Comment