Monday, November 21, 2011

caramel corn

I have to put this recipe on my blog because #1: I love it. And #2: we keep moving (if you hadn't noticed) and all my stuff ends up in storage for months at a time. I can never remember everything I'm going to want to keep out of storage for while we are apartment living and so inevitably there are things I go without and just think "ugh... why didn't I bring that"... like all my recipes for instance. Esp with Thanksgiving in 3 days I'm having to email my MIL for her roll recipe. ugh. Last week I was having a craving for this yummy caramel popcorn that my SIL, Kara, makes. I think she got the recipe from her MIL, I'm not sure but anyway it's been passed along because it's that good. So I'm putting it on the blog so I can come back and find it whenever or wherever I am... with our without my recipe box.

Kara's Caramel Corn (or I could call it something cute like Kara's Krazy Karamel Korn)

4 bags butter microwave popcorn... pop it up and get out ALL the uncooked kernels. your teeth will thank you later!

1 C. Corn Syrup
2 C. Brown Sugar
1 Can Sweetened Condensed milk

Bring the above ingredients to a boil. Once they are boiling set timer for I think about 2 minutes. Then remove from heat, pour over popcorn and enjoy (after letting it cool for a minute so you don't sizzle the tip of your tongue... it will thank you).

yum-o! I usually just make half a recipe because come-on...4 bags of popcorn, that's a LOT. Esp when I end up being the one to eat it all week because it's left in a gigantic bowl on my kitchen counter. So If I make less... then I eat less.. right? Or waste less I guess too!

No comments: