Monday, November 15, 2010

T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

She looks so innocent... but don't be fooled, looks can be deceiving. Today was quite the day, I think I got my parenting butt-kicked! From coloring with permanent markers on the desk, to painting her own toenails and using fingernail polish remover also on her own. But the real kickers came later this evening when Clark discovered what she's really been up to.... ok, rewind to last Saturday when a couple of interesting things happened that we just couldn't figure out.

First, I sold 4 barstools on craigslist for $100. The lady drove an hour and a half from somewhere in Kansas to buy them, and she paid in cash. I was like, great! Got the barstools out of my house and scored $100! Now, in effort to be responsible with the cash, I distinctly remember removing the money from the back pocket of my jeans which has historically proved to be the black hole engulfing many a credit card, cash, and even a drivers license. So instead, I removed the cash from the black hold and placed it safely in my purse. Then later that night, I went to get out the cash and put it somewhere even safer... like our bank account maybe. But the cash was no where to be found. I was totally bugged and couldn't figure out how I had lost it. I swear I put it in my purse. I guess there goes $100 bucks, what are you going to do about it? I can't exactly call the lady and ask for more money, so i'm thinking we are just out of luck.

A little while later, Clark is using my computer (a laptop) and asks me how long has it been making this sound... then he moved the computer up and down a little and it sounded clearly like there was something loose and jingling around inside. Um, I'm thinking I have no idea, I've never noticed it before, and I have no idea what it is.

Now fast forward to tonight. It's been one of those days... one of those days where you have to put your kid in time-out outside, but then think better of it because she's screaming so loud you're afraid the neighbors are going to call the cops or dcfs on you or something. So after Clark got home from work and we all had dinner, I told him I was going to go to the grocery store... alone. Sad when that's your definition of "unwinding". It was quite relaxing... until i got home and found all that Clark had discovered while I was gone.

As Clark was bathing Bryson, he could hear Aspen in the next room dumping out her piggy bank. Then she called out to him saying she needed help getting the "paper money" out. huh, that's interesting. So he looks in and what does he see? Sure enough, $20 bills. hmmm... that's where that cash went. So as we dug it out, apparently it was too hard to get the bills to fit all folded up, so she decided to solve that problem she would tear them into smaller pieces. I mean, that totally makes sense. ugh. Then a little while later, Clark is again using the computer and notices something sticking out of the cd drive, what was it you ask? A Quarter. Right.. that would explain the sound of something jingling around INSIDE the laptop computer. Awesome. What a day?!?! Thank goodness for preschool tomorrow.

(photo of the torn up $20 bills, and the quarter stuck in the cd-drive of the computer)

8 comments:

kj said...

Time for the 2010 Naughty/Nice talk. The sooner the better. What a sneaky little rascal. She's luck to have a bed to sleep in after such acts.

kj said...

oops. . . make that lucky

Lynnae said...

Katie, I'm SO sorry! At least you'll be able to look back at it someday and laugh... I HOPE Mackenzie doesn't follow in Aspen's footsteps on this one. :)

gramakas said...

Remember your picture of her driving that red convertible and thinking it was portraying what it will be like in a few, short years... I think it is ramping up faster than you thought! She's going to keep you in overdrive! (and I still miss her!)

Melanie said...

What a STINKER! Oh my goodness!

I think you can take destroyed money to the bank and they'll replace it. It's normal for money to wear out, but it doesn't devalue the money so as far as I know, they have a system in place to replace it when it's ruined. Good luck!

Melissa said...

Oh Katie!!! I am just looking forward to those days x 2!!! Scary. I guess you have to give her points for creativity. She did find a way to get the paper money in the bank right?

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! I would just have about died! I do hate those days... London can sure pull off some crazy stunts... That is when she is Jake's daughter...

Elise said...

Kates. Chris always tells me... "someday you'll laugh about this" and I always say "well buddy, it's not today!". : D