Monday, November 01, 2010

Big long Halloween post

whew! we survived Halloween! What a fun weekend we had... or should I say week, really. Starting last Tuesday, we visited a pumpkin patch with some friends. It was pretty cold and windy, but it was a great pumpkin patch. They had a petting zoo, tons of stuff for the kids to climb on, run around, slide down and play on. We even got to take a hayride out to the actual pumpkin patch. The best part... it was free! I love finding great fun, FREE, things to do with the kids. We had a great time with Lauren, David, and Katelynn!




Then Thursday was Aspen's preschool costume parade and Halloween party. All I can say is bless the hearts of those great preschool teachers. Aspen has so much fun at school every day, and I'm so grateful for the great teachers that make it such a positive experience for her. I love that Aspen has such great friends that she goes to school with and has so much fun!



Friday night was our ward Halloween party, and chili cook-off. This party was over the top, we were so impressed with the turnout, and all the fun games they put on for the kids. (ok, no pictures from this event... a little too much going on. But I was dressed as a cavewoman that night)

Saturday morning, we took the kids downtown to check out the farmers market, and go trick or treating throug all the stores. This was a lot of fun. The highlight was that Aspen got her face painted... I've never seen her so happy as when she saw her face, she kept looking at herself in all the store windows as we walked by.

After trick or treating through the streets, we found a great little cafe called "neighbors cafe" that is our new favorite breakfast place. It was super yummy, mom and pop kind of place. You sit down and they bring you a plate of cinnamon rolls while you look over the menu... yum! It was super busy that morning since there was so much going on downtown, so we'll have to go back when it's a little more quiet.

Our Halloween festivites didn't stop there. On actual Halloween evening, we were invited for a pre-trick-or-treating chili party with a bunch of our new neighbors. There are about 6 little girls in our neighborhood who are Aspen's age... can you say TROUBLE in the years to come?!? Right now it's just a lot of princessness! This year trick or treating was a lot of fun, I think because it's the first year Aspen really "got-it". And she definitely "got-it". There was full on running from house to house.\

(the girls getting all "glittered" before they hit the streets... scary)


So, now the only problem is that we have a whole bowl of candy that is causing me trouble. And I have recently discovered dark chocolate kit kats and reeses pb cups. Serious trouble. Where is my will power, my ability to just say no? I must have left it in Utah, it didn't make it with the move.

2 comments:

kj said...

I love the pink flamingo and she even posed on one leg. Looks like all had fun. Please send me pics of A & B and any of you and Clark if someone happened to take your photo. It is easier to gather them now for our family collage.

Linda said...

Gosh, it looks like you've adjusted to the Midwest really well! I hope you are happy happy! Miss you!