Monday, September 27, 2010

Red

September just feels like the color Red to me. Maybe that's why I chose to get my toes painted Red when I splurged and got a pedi for myself on Sat. I hadn't originally planned on getting the pedicure, but I sort of declared to Clark that I was taking Saturday off! I woke up, went for a walk (which is a huge accomplishment since walking has been the least pleasant activity, second only to driving the past month) then I had an appointment for a haircut at 11. Usually when I do a cut and color it's a good hour and half or even 2 sometimes, so I was thinking I'd have a few enjoyable hours to myself. Well, I only got a haircut so I was in and out in 25 minutes. Lame. That hardly counts as pampering yourself... so it was then I decided to go for the pedicure! I don't regret it. So anyhow, back to Red... I guess it's that September is "Apple season"... I need a spiced apple candle I think... but in like 3 days it's going to be October which is of course an Orange month and I'm going to have to buy a pumpkin spice Candle. November is sort of a brown month, and I guess it's more of a nutmeg candle... then of course December is red again, or green, or white, or any combination of the above and the candle I think would be cranberry... right? I got an unexpected refund check in the mail today... love it when that happens, and someone on FB today posted that fall candles are on sale at Bath and Body works. I think I know what I'm doing with that refund check tomorrow! I really should hold on to it and make sure we aren't $25 short to close on our house on Thursday. yikes!

This has truly felt like the longest 2 months of my life. But I'm sure I've said that other times, like the first 2 months of any pregnancy, or the last 2 months for that matter. I think the last 2 months of being engaged really sucked too. But these past 2 months are up there on the list of painful 2 months. Despite my efforts to continually remind myself how grateful I am for this apartment... I've come to the conclusion that it's a Love/Hate situation. I really do love it for the fact that it meant I didn't have to stay behind in Utah for the past 2 months... but the truth is I REALLY HATE IT! I'm not going to sugar coat it. But we are 3 days away from kissing it goodbye... and i LOVE that! Our lesson in RS on Sunday was on patience... good timing for that lesson because I think the past 2 months have been an exercise in patience for me, and you'd think that if practice makes perfect that I'd be really good at it by now... but unfortunately, that isn't the case. One point that stood out to me in the lessson was that patience is "active waiting". Not just sitting around waiting... but being actively engaged in preparing yourself for whatever it is you are waiting for. That was a good reminder for me and I'm challenging myself to work on patience.. with my husband, my kids, and myself.

So anyhow... that was a long drawn out something about what's on my mind tonight. And here are a few pictures that I took today when we went Apple Picking. I think that's how this whole post started... with Apples, and the color red!


3 comments:

Lynnae said...

Have I told you that I miss you?! I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad you get to move into your new house so soon (and out of the apartment). And, way cute scrapbook pages!!!! (random comments by me) :)

gramakas said...

Sometimes it's just what you need to "get it all out"! Glad you are almost in your new home...that will be an exciting post! Good luck! and thanks for reminding me about being patient! I need that every day! Mom

kj said...

Such sweet, sweet photos. Bryson's should be a poster!
It has such great content. Patience??? ask me about patience. The best part of patience is to distract yourself with things that make you happy and require your undivided attention. Then time whips by.