Monday, September 20, 2010

deanna rose farmstead




This past weekend, we took a little drive over to Kansas (about 30 min) to check out the Deanna Rose Children's farmstead. Aside from it being waaaaay to hot and humid (in my opinion) for Sept. we had a great time. The kids loved it. Aspen got to pan for gold/stones, ride a pony, fish from the pond, and the kids even got to feed baby goats from a bottle. It was super cute and they had a lot of fun. We were prepared for crowds since it was their "apple festival" and there were definitely a lot of people there, but not so much in the way of apples or festivals... so I think next time we just skip the festival and go on a weekday when it would be a lot less crowded.

2 comments:

kj said...

Your fun at the farm gave you another different opportunity to make new memories and great photo ops. What is in Aspen's fingers?

Kylee Jane said...

I think it's awesome to see what you can do with kids...keeps me excited for the future. I think I've finally managed being ok with going to the zoo with out little kids, but there are some things that I just won't do. Your kids are super lucky!