A couple months ago, I booked a night for us to stay at the Johnson Mill B&B in Midway. I had heard from a few people that it was a fun and cute place to getaway. Clark and I have been wanting to take a little mini-vaca WITHOUT the kids for a while now... well, at least since we've had kids :) and it never seems to happen. So we were able to get Jessica and Jared to come and stay with our littlies, they even took them to the zoo... it was great! Hopefully our kids weren't too rotten that they never want to have kids of their own! So we dropped off the kids around 1:00, headed up to Park City (you gotta stop at the outlets) where we did some damage! We couldn't help it though... the sales were so good! At one store, the deal was buy one pair of boots... get TWO free! You can't say no to that!
After shopping, we made our way to Midway to check into our room. We stayed in the waterfall room. It was so nice! It had a beautiful view overlooking the waterfall on the side of the mill. We had amazingly beautiful fall views from our room. The first thing we did was crash and fall asleep for an hour. We even called and pushed back our dinner reservations so we could sleep a little longer. It was SOOO nice. When we finally woke up again, we headed down to the Snake Creek Grill in Heber for one of the BEST dinner's of my life. I'm so not exaggerating either. It was so good! I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. I had been here a few years ago and remembered it being good then too!
We started our dinner with white shrimp and calamari appetizer, then had a pomegranite and blue cheese spinach salad with a pomegranite vinegarette. I had the filet... with gorgonzola whisky sauce and garlic mashed potatoes. Clark had the crab pene pasta with italian sausage...mmmm. Then for dessert (as if we had any room for dessert at this point), we had black bottom banana pie. Okay it was soooo good! On our way back to the Mill, we stopped by Redbox and picked up a couple movies: The Proposal and State of Play. Both pretty good shows... we'd recommend them too! Then this morning, we woke up just in time for breakfast, then went back to our room to sleep for another hour and a half until we had to check out.
It really was such an enjoyable and much needed getaway. I think we should do it more than every 5 years... more like every year I'm thinking!


4 comments:
I'm so glad you guys got some R & R! Everyone needs a little "couple" time. The dinner sounded wonderful and the accommadations pretty snazzy! Enjoy it while you can!
Sounds refreshing, your pictures are beautiful!
We've stayed there before and we really liked it too. Now I know where to eat the next time!
Sounds like you had a great time. John and I are off to NY, our last trip before the babies! or should I say our life changing forever.
Post a Comment