Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Flash Forward...


Do you ever have one of those moments where you look at something, and have sort of a split second flash forward? I walked past b sleeping on this couch tonight. My first thought was at how big he is getting (I can't believe he's 6 months old today). But then a split second later, I realized how little he is and I pictured him being like 15 years old crashed out on this same couch only this time stretching end-to-end, with his head touching one end and his toes at the other. sigh. that was a total mommy moment. i look at how fast my neices and nephews are growing up and realize it's going to go way too fast with my own kids too. sigh.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I have totally had moments like that! It's very surreal and yes - such a mom thing to do.

My littlest one is almost the big 0-1! Time really does fly.

kj said...

It is true, they grow at warp speed so hang on for the ride guiding them as they grow. Seems like a few years ago my boys were toddlers. It is a great happy time of family life.

Kathee said...

it happens so fast too! There is beautiful moments when you look at your grown children....stretched out on a couch sleeping. I get that same overwhelming feeling.

Danielle said...

That's so sweet. You will defnitely have to snap a shot of him at age 15 and do a side by side in your scrapbook, along with a copy of this post!