Monday, April 23, 2007

Here, there and everywhere!

Hi all, it's been a while and I know I'm sick of looking at the awful pics of the backyard. happy to report, we have sprayed round-up all over and things are starting to die! not sure what the next step is, but we're taking it one step at a time! The yard is sort of on the back burner for a while... many bigger and better things going on. Clark left for Australia on friday about 3:00pm and then called Saturday night at 8:00 pm when he finally reached his destination. It was SLC-LAX-Sydney-Cains. Then the next morning, he and Eric (bro-in-law) were boarding their live-aboard for the next 4 days of scuba diving along the Great Barrier Reef. So I'm planning to hear from him again sometime Wednesday. From there, I think they're going to Brisbane to spend some quality time surfing. Seriously, tough life. And to top it off, Clark's new employer, Rio Tinto, has offices in Brisbane, so they thought while he was there why not stay a couple of extra days to check things out. So instead of coming home next monday, he'll be home Wed... I hope. if nothing else, this has made me really decide on NOT being a single parent if I can at all help it! Aspen and I attempted church together sunday, which I don't care what time church is, it's going to land right on nap time. So ya, we made it about 15 minutes and we were out of there. Anyhow, Aspen and I certainly aren't sitting around wishing we were on the other side of the world, no way... we've got a lot going on! Saturday, I ran the Salt Lake City 1/2 marathon along with Cam, who by the way Qualified for the Boston Marathon! And with clark's brother, Rich, who finished his first ever 1/2 marathon... good work! It was such a fun race, I really just had fun, for those of you who can imagine 2 hours of running and 13 miles to be fun. I turned up my IPOD and listened to my newly made playlist including, KT Tunstall, the Killers, Green Day, Gwen Stefani, a little of this and that, and just had fun. It was a great day for a run and it was fun to run through my hometown, I think all the races I've done before are always a ways away. So that was saturday, then we're off to Arizona on Wednesday to hang out with heidi and the kids. Aspen is super excited... especially to go swimming again and to play with capri! So we're not just staying at home feeling sorry for ourselves... nope nope nope, who wants to be on an exotic scuba adventure? More posts to come from the adventures of flying with a one year old, fun in Phoenix, and reports from Down Under!