Monday, November 06, 2006

Teamwork!

As if coming home from Japan, surviving 24 hours of travel and a 16 hour time change wasn't enough stress to adjust to upon coming home... Aspen has been soooo sick. We got home wed evening and she started being sick on Thursday. Unfortunatly, I had to work both thursday and friday nights. I tried calling in sick thursday but apparently there were too many sick people in the ICU as well, and so they said no. So I was on night shift at the hospital and Clark was on night shift at home. He called me about 4 times throughout the night saying Aspen was still up. (i'm sure any of you parents can relate to this night). So Clark, being the good daddy and hubby that he is, (in addition to being completly sleep deprived) stayed home from work on friday to watch aspen so I could get a little sleep to go back to work. So then Clark was on night duty again friday night and saturday while I slept. All this time, Aspen is running a fever and not wanting to eat or do anything besides being held. Finally Sunday morning, she was so miserable and had almost a 103 fever, we got her seen by a doctor. I'm thinking they're going to tell us she just has a cold and it just has to run it's course. Not the case... turns out she has ear infections AND Pnemonia... :( so sad. At least we have her on Antibiotics now and feeling like we are acutally helping her. She doesn't think so when we give it to her (If anyone has tips on how to give a 7 month old medicine, I'm open to suggetions). So, we finally made it through the weekend, and a big thanks to Clark! I remember thinking right after Aspen was born, how much harder it would be if she were twins, or if I were a single parent. I still think that. Clark and I totally had to be there for each other as we were sleep deprived and wrestling with a sick baby.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Ok so you have no idea who I am I found your blog on accident but I thought I'd give you a suggestion on the whole medicine thing. I find that a plastic syringe from the pharmacy works best in the back of the cheek 1/8th of a tsp at a time and if Aspen is a binky or a bottle baby then use one or the other every 1/2 tsp or so... oh and make sure that she is laying down. Ok sorry for intruding.

Travis said...

It's all about spiking the milk! this should work until she's about 3 and then they get wise to your tricks.

Anonymous said...

Oh Aspen, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope you get feeling better soon so we can play...