Monday, December 23, 2013

Happy Halloween!


Happy Hymas Halloween 2013!  

This year when I asked the kids what they wanted to be for Halloween, Bryson quickly responded that he wanted to be Batman!  That set the stage for the rest of our costumes. Naturally, if we had a Batman, then Batman needed a Robin (cue Ollie).  Then Aspen jumped on board with the superheroes and picked out a super cute costume as "Spider-girl".  (I may have encouraged the idea since finding a cute idea on pinterest to put plastic spiders in her hair) The kids looked great and had a fun-filled Halloween complete with school parties, friend parties, neighborhood parties, and of course trick-or-treating!  Can you say candy overload!  


Bryson A.K.A. "Batman" 
(he specifically wanted the black costume with built in muscles, not the blue and grey one! I think we finally found it at walmart)


"Spider-girl" Aspen... love the creepy crawly do!



And of course Ollie, I mean "Robin" (this is as good of a picture as I could get, he doesn't exactly pose for the camera!)  His costume I made from a pair of green teenage mutant ninja turtle jambes, and doing iron on R for the Robin symbol (gotta love having a stash of wonder-under on hand!), and recycling the cape from Bryson's costume two years ago!  

Since we had so much candy, I pretty much gave them about 2 days to eat as much as they wanted then implemented the second-annual halloween candy trade in for toys!  I let them pick out 10 pieces of candy they can keep, then they give the rest to me and I take them to target to pick out a toy of their choice!  This year Bryson chose bey blades, and Aspen got a rainbow loom which she had been wanting for quite a while.  It's a win-win!!  (mom may or may not hang on to some of the chocolate for those moments when a mom just needs a little  chocolate!  Or for when the kids need just a little extra incentive or reward.. but shhh don't tell the kids where the stash is hidden!)















No comments: