Sunday, December 11, 2011

Visit with Santa



Well.. I can check off another thing from the list of "things you must do in order to qualify as a good parent". I took the kids to see Santa. I think this is the first time we've ever done that. I was a little hung up on the fact that I paid $19 for this photo. choke. I was thinking like $5 or $6... I guess if I'd been doing these photos every year and paying $5 each time it would be around $20... so this photo just represents the past 5 year too! Next year we're just going to do some research to find a cheaper Santa! This one was very convenient however, and we didn't have to wait in line either.

Aspen is off track from school right now (seriously... eyes rolling about year round school... not a fan) so the goal is to keep the kids busy... (in December when it's WAY too cold to play outside, and we are in our cramped little apartment with no toys, and did I mention I'm 8 months pregnant. Okay, that's my complaining... I got it out, now I can get over it! ) So like I was saying, the goal has been to find stuff to do with the kids everyday... library, bouncy houses, McDonalds, (did I mention all this keeping the kids entertained is adding up too??) So last Friday we went to Discover Gateway and that's where we found Santa. I guess if you go in the middle of the day on a weekday you can beat the lines.. (either that or everyone else was smart enough to not pay $19 for a photo with Santa.. I forgot I'm getting over that). I suppose that in years to come I will look back and cherish this photo and forget how much I paid for it... right?? right.


No comments: