
So we have a few changes in life as we know it around our house.... and I've been NOT looking forward to these inevitable changes. Here they are:
1. Bryson is potty training
2. Bryson is in a big boy bed.
Life is just so much easier when your kid is in diapers and you don't have to worry about where the nearest toilet is at ALL times and live in fear daily of the dreaded "accident" in big boy undies. I mean changing a poopy diaper is one thing, it's just an entirely different problem when it's in undies. ugh. But I do have to say he's doing remarkably well... better than I thought he would. Thanks to the help and encouragement of my MIL when we were in Idaho she helped us pull the trigger and buy the big boy undies... (which are so cute btw). Mostly Bryson just runs around wearing just a t-shirt and undies and it's so hard to resist giving that little tushy a squeeze!
And for the big boy bed... that's inevitable too. Bedtime and naptime is so much easier when they physically CAN'T escape! Now he can get up and wander off anytime he feels like it. But I guess if we have a little one on the waiting list for the crib coming up in six short months, we've got to get the big boy out of it.
I remember when Aspen was at this stage I called it the "trio of disaster" that turned my nice sweet baby into a nightmare when it came to bedtime. Not only did we potty train, get her in a big bed, but we also took away her binki. So she no longer had any reason to stay in bed, but she also had a good excuse to get out of it in order to go potty. Bedtime was never the same after that point.
So with good reason I've been dragging my feet on tackling these milestones but we're doing it... and so far we're all surviving! And if I get a 6 month break from buying diapers that isn't such a bad thing.. I know, if I were smart I'd be stocking up for number 3, maybe I will.. I'll just take a little break first!
1 comment:
Katie K! I'm so excited for your third addition! Amy told me : ) Wish I was there for lunch. Hopefully we can cross paths soon. Stay cool : )
Post a Comment