Wednesday, February 09, 2011

cooped up... stir crazy... cabin fever!!!!!!

That's right, we're going CRAZY around here. I think we are on about day 8 or 9 of school being cancelled due to snow. I've had about enough, and so have my kids... at least Aspen who hasn't been able to go to preschool. I will admit that I am no match for my 4 (almost 5) year old when it comes to keeping her busy, occupied, and entertained throughout the day. So I've tried to make a conscious effort to take some photos of what we've been up to so when I look back, I remember the good times, not the times when I'm ready to admit us all into the crazy house! so here are a few highlights:

photo 1: addressing valentines with Aspen today for her party tomorrow (if they get to go to school that is). I love that she is writing all the names of her classmates herself. so cute! I love that she's giving the boys princess valentines, makes me smile. I love that she has little boys for friends and hasn't figured out that boys are gross yet.


photo#2: This was yesterday. In an effort to not have the kids planted in front of the tv ALL day, I turned off the tv and turned on the Disney radio station on pandora.com and got the playdough out for the kids. It was of course a huge mess to clean up and really only held their attention for 15-20 minutes, but that was a nice 20 minutes.

Photo#3: This was taken a few days ago, but believe me this is an image that could realistically be captured multiple times throughout the day... Bryson has mastered the skill of moving the barstools around the house to whatever it is he needs to climb up to. A problem solver this kid is... and a naughty one at that!


And last but not least, the best one of all... I LOVE when my kids are loving each other and playing together, it's the best thing EVER! Today we took the kids to one of those bouncy places and they could have played for hours, totally worth the drive and the $8.


3 comments:

gramakas said...

Glad to see you are having a few positive memory moments! Hang in there! Spring is just around the corner! Those kids are soooooo darling! (easy for me to say from an almost snowless zone!)

hks said...

so cute... miss you

kj said...

in that last photo, Bryson's eyes remind me of Cory's. Good job on the heart shaped eggs. Patience supreme! I hope you're out celebrating your 10th.