
Well... they weren't lying on the news... the ice and the snow and the wind and the cold... it ALL came, just like they said it was going to! Yesterday it pretty much just sort of iced over everything. It didn't seem like much was going on... that is until I stepped out of the car at the mailbox and onto the sidewalk and about cracked my head open. It was seriously like the scene in "Home Alone" when the bad guys slip on the marbles and can't get their footing and end up on their butt. The only difference besides the fact that I wasn't trying to break into a house, was that the slippery surface was ice, not marbles and I did manage to regain my footing before hitting the deck. Unfortunately, I was seen by a neighbor walking their dog along with my children who got quite a laugh out of the scene I made. Then later that evening, Clark called to tell me he was just leaving work and headed out to his car. About 5 minutes later he called to say he would be probably 15 minutes late because he was sitting in his car waiting for the 1/2 inch of ice to defrost from his car before he could even scrape the windshield. fun fun.
By this morning, we woke up to the snow flurries. It didn't seem like that heavy of a snowfall (by Utah standards), but the wind was blowing like crazy so the snowdrifts were piling up like crazy! This first picture was taken about 3pm when these guys came by and offered to plow the driveway on their 4-wheelers. They even shoveled all the way up to the front door. The second photo was taken tonight about 9pm... that much snow had piled up in that little amount of time. School has of course been cancelled (I think this is the 9th snowday so far this year... I can't even remember 2 snowdays in all my pre-missouri life... so annoying). I went to WalMart Monday afternoon to pick up a few groceries and the walmart was all out of regular sized grocery sacks. They said they've been so busy with people coming in to stock up on stuff like batteries flashlights in case we lose power that they had actually run out of grocery sacks. That made me think for a minute if there was anything I needed to stock up on. I knew we were all good on batteries, flashlights, the basics... but I did head over to the redbox and stock up on kids movies since that would be my lifesaver for a week of being cooped up in the house... yes, I have my priorities in line.
And if the weather reports continue to be right on target as they have been... we have a very CHILLY day to look forward to tomorrow with a projected high of ZERO(f)...brrrr.
4 comments:
Hope you guys stay warm! It has been really cold here as well but not really any snow to mention. Hope you don't end up with cabin fever!
Wowie! I will just sit here & be grateful for my piddly 8 inches here!
I love your porch and the lighting! One winter to remember!
Wow. I was thinking about you when I heard about the crazy weather affecting the midwest.
Post a Comment