Wednesday, June 02, 2010

18 months (almost)

well, I can't quite celebrate bryson going to nursery yet, that's still a few weeks away, but we did go in for his 18 month check-up today, so I figured it was about time for a catch-up post about this little man. He is so crazy and funny. I think he's destined to be a clown when he grows up, I mean he's already got the curls. Maybe for Halloween we'll dress him up as a clown and just dye his hair red... LOL, that could be funny. As I was at his check-up today, the Dr. was asking me about the things he can do... so here's what he's up to:

He has about 6 words in his vocabulary: dada, diet coke (I'm not lying), cookie, mama, izzy, and no!
He loves to pretend talk on the cell phone "hil-ya" is how he answers.

He loves to play with Izzy, he's not afraid of any animals, esp. not dogs. I just hope he doesn't run into an unfriendly dog because he walks right up and sticks his fingers in their mouth or nose. Course, that's about how he greets everyone.

He loves to eat cold cereal with a spoon, just like his big sis. Every morning they both wake up and want cold cereal. Aspen wants me to turn on "her shows" (whatever is playing on nick jr.) and then I get to crawl back in bed for about a half hour until Aspen lets Izzy inside and she starts eating whatever cereal Bryson has spilled on the floor.

He loves to play peek-a-boo, and he has discovered his belly-button (along with that other body part that little boys love to play with), and he loves to play head, shoulders, knees and toes.

He loves to dance, both my kids favorite song is Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eye'd Peas. I'm going to have to start listening to better music when they actually can start repeating the lyrics to me.

He's way more of a picky eater than Aspen ever was. His favorite food is for sure Macaroni and cheese. He'll eat that kraft stuff, but he'll also eat homemade mac n cheese, so when I make it for him, I always add in all kinds of stuff to the cheese sauce, like cottage cheese, squash puree, cauliflower puree, and sometimes even bean puree... I'll sneak those veggies in there somehow! He doesn't know the difference, he just shovels it in!

He's just a big sweetie and we love his guts!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

He's so cute! I love the curls and can't believe how big he is now too! I have to apologize I am so horrible at remembering to check private blogs. How fun that Clark is finally done with school. Woohoo! I'm sure it's such a relief. Congrats to him (and you, as the support staff) :)

PAUL KASTELER said...

Ohhhhh, I just want to run my fingers through those adoreable curls! xoxoxo