Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas!

M
Merry Christmas... a few days ago! It's been a whilrwind of a Christmas, complicated only slightly by Aspen's pre-Christmas cold and ear infection. Which she has now passed on to mommy and daddy as her gift to us! How sweet. We spent Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in Idaho with Clark's family this year. Their holiday tradition is Christmas eve dinner, it's sort of a seafood spread. It starts out with Crab dip, then clam chowder (which I actually made, and it turned out yummy I must say!), followed by Clark's dad's yummy garlic shrimp and then the most traditional, "Angels on horseback" (oysters wrapped in bacon). I'll admit, my first Hymas family Christmas Eve dinner about 5 years ago, was a new and different experience for me, especially the oysters! But since then, it's grown on me and it's been a fun tradition to be a part of. Christmas morning was fun with all of Clark's family there, except Kara, and her family. There were plenty of presents. Aspen of course, was only interested in the wrapping paper... eating the wrapping paper. I'm sure it's non-toxic, right? Unfortunatly, Clark had to be back to work tuesday morning, but we had a great time and it was mostly just fun to be around family, especially family we don't see very often. I'm so glad Christmas eve was on sunday, and have a day to reflect on the birth of our savior and the gift his life was to all of us. My favorite quote thie season which I read in the December issue of the Ensign, is by president Harold B. Lee, "Life is God's gift to man, what we do with our lives is our gift to god". I've thought about that a lot and hope as the new year approaches and I'm thinking about new years resolutions, that I can keep that in mind.

And also, no I definatly was not able to get Christmas cards out this year... but watch your mailboxes because I'm feeling commited about New Years cards!

1 comment:

Camdog said...

Sweetest baby ever!