So we have to come clean... Clark and I (and even Clark's little bro, Dustin, who lives with us) have become HOOKED on the Fox Reality show... So you think you can dance. It's so entertaining. I can hardly stand to think about the season ending. We're even contemplating buying tickets to the tour that the top 10 dancers are going on. I'm not sure if it's coming to SLC, but two of the ten top dancers are from Utah, so maybe? Anyhow, so tonight I was at the gym, we just switched gyms and I'm still checking it all out. Well, they had a hip hop class. So I thought what the heck... ya, more like what the heck was I thinking? They make it look so much easier on t.v. I just mostly had to laugh at myself because I'm sure I looked pretty dumb. Although, I gave it an honest effort. Clark thought it was pretty funny when I came home and tried to show him the routine. We'll see, I guess they do the same dance once a week for a month. This was the first week, so maybe I'll stick with it for at least a month and see if I can get better. Maybe part of my problem was that I was wearing my running clothes, so even if I was doing the moves right, It just didn't look right. Next time, I'll be more prepared... because it's like anything else, it doesn't really matter how good you are, just how good you look!
But back to the show, I'm pretty torn between who's my favorite, I think Benji for sure, and it's a toss up between all the girls.
4 comments:
Nice Blog Katie. You can check out the one I'm doing for my brother here Mike's Mission Page
Let me know what you think since you have been blog hopping lately.
Let's talk some SYTYCD. Clark and I discuss this show on more than a weekly basis. Let's get one thing straight off the bat. Allison was the BEST female dancer on the show. the most well rounded and versatile dancer on the female side and none of those girls could touch her. Heidi is great and the second best in my opinion, but not as good as Allison was. America got that one wrong. I have to blame myself. I should have been there for Allison voting my phone to the ground (yes, I vote regularly). I was at that new movie World Trade Center though. Anyway, hopefully Heidi wins it for the girls now. Natalie is good and so is Donyelle, but Natalie is a little too fake with the personality and Donyelle is a little too reserved. Benji all the way for the guys. Ivan has come a long way and I'm way impressed with his progress, but he's still too young and un-refined. He'll be an incredible dancer in the future. Travis is amazing but he showed some rust in his quick step the other night. Benji is the best at ever kind of dancing which was a shocker for how he started. He almost didn't even make it past preliminaries. I thought he was just a swing dancer and that's all he could do, but he provokes me to pick up the phone and start voting till my fingers cramp. Go Benji. CTB!!!
I loved this show last year, but this season has been even better. Suzanne and I will go with you if they come to town, so let us know and we'll get some tickets together.
Great job with the blog. Keep it up.
Yes - I do think I can hip...hip hop...hip hop opotomous. Funny. But normally I reserve my moves for when I'm driving so I only embarass myself for very short periods of time when I am passed or passing other cars. And that's all I have to say about SYTYCD.
See - good comments, huh.
Blog on - CK
It's all about Benji and Heidi now. Travis is way good and I wouldn't be bummed if he won, but I'd be bummed if Benji lost. I've lost interest in Donyell. She is a great dancer, but I'm all about Heidi now. Make sure to watch live next week and vote till you drop. OK, kind of hard to drop from voting over the phone... at least vote till you get sick of it.
hey, I added you to my bloglines feed, so I am excited that we can be in touch this way!
Post a Comment