So, here are the photos to prove that Easter happened at our house! And I was going to take some photos of how cute the kids looked, or so help me! I mean seriously... look at those boys and their cute ties with those blue eyes. That bow tie alone was cute enough to make me keel over, I had to attempt a photo! However, this little 14 month old doesn't sit still long enough for a fly to land, let alone actually capture him in a photo! But you get the idea. Church didn't last much longer for this little guy either. Our ward meets at 11am, which ordinarily I think is the perfect time except when you have a baby and it's the middle of nap time. We didn't get him down for a cat nap before church so about 5 minutes into the first speaker Ollie and I just headed home for a nice, quiet, peaceful Easter nap. I'm at that point where I'm resigned to wander the halls of the church for 3 hours each Sunday for the next 4 months.
The highlight of our Easter celebrations this year was a big block party/bbq/Easter egg hunt in our cove with all the new families that moved in over the winter. It's so fun that our circle is pretty much finished with construction. We counted up the other day and there are a total of 52 kids living in the circle! Not kidding!! On any given evening (when there's good weather), there's easily 20+ kids crusing around the circle on bikes, scooters, you name it! Most of them end up in our back yard jumping on the trampoline!
We also had a fun Easter dinner/ Easter egg hunt at Grandpa and Grandma Kasteler's. I have memories of always spending Easter afternoon at my Gr & Gr Kasteler's house, so I love that it's a tradition that has continued with our kids.
Above and beyond the fun parties and egg hunts with the kids, the absolute BEST part of Easter was sharing the Easter story of Jesus' death, and resurrection and the gift it is to us to be able to live together as a family forever! I love my little family and thank my Heavenly Father for our little family, our strong and healthy bodies, and for our beautiful and comfortable home we get to live together in! We are so blessed, my heart is full and thankful to my Savior for the amazing atoning sacrifice He made to allow me the incredible blessings in my life now, and for all eternity!



No comments:
Post a Comment