Man it's been a long time since I've cracked out the ol paper trimmer, scissors, and gluestick! Even when I have scrapooked at all in the past year or so it's been on my laptop. But today I found myself having a quiet moment while Aspen was at school, Bryson was napping and my house was relatively clean (*gasp*)... for the first time in a REALLY long time, I thought, what should I do with myself??? I still can hardly believe that moment really happened... but I'm glad it did because it gave me he opportunity to create these beautiful layouts documenting my five year old daughter... You know, when your baby is born you look at her and wonder who she will become and what she'll grow up to be and today while I was scrapbooking I thought to myself... it's happening, she's growing up and becoming somebody. It's good to stop for a moment so you don't miss it because i'm afraid if I blink it's going to fly right by!
My uber-talented and generous sister sent me a whole box full of beautiful and delicious scrapbook supplies from House of 3, pink paislee, and tattered angels.... so it was so fun to break into this box and just dive right in! Thanks Heidi!
Then this next project I actually started a couple months ago and kept getting interrupted by.. well.. life. This project was part of the mouse paper scissors class taught by Heidi Swapp and Jessica Sprague. Can I just say how fun this class was! I have fallen in love with all things digi. It's been fun to learn new techniques and challenge myself. Also because it's such less mess! I can be scrapbooking while my kids are playing, or when Clark and I both crash on the couch at the end of the day and catch up on our DVR shows, Clark cracks open his laptop to do more work (as if his 12 hour day wasn't long enough), and I crack open mine and play in photoshop. So the mouse paper scissors class was right up my alley. The best part about the digi classes is that the class content is there forever. So even though I wasn't able to keep up with the class while it was going on, I can go back whenever I get the chance and have a project to work on.
It also just happens that I had some beautiful photos taken by Rebecca Cox photography that have just been itching to be put in a scrapook! So glad they found a perfect home in this one!
2 comments:
As usual, amazing. I haven't scrapbooked in ... well I can't remember how long it's been. I feel out of touch with products on the market. I need to be educated dearest Katie.
Miss you!
Love it! I want to see that scrapbook in person!
Post a Comment